Tower Backhaul / MSC Connectivity
Fiber Based Cell Tower Backhaul. Increasing Overall Quality of Wireless Networks
With the evolution of voice-only wireless communications to full multimedia, data usage for smart phones, wireless air cards, and 4G and LTE networks continues to increase, and bandwidth demands on backhaul networks are rapidly rising.
More and more carriers require backhaul capacity to help handle the increasing demands for network bandwidth while reducing costs. Zayo is meeting high demands of today's technology with our Wireless Backhaul Services to assist carriers in addressing subscriber growth, migration plans and service innovation.
We know the need to boost capacity in your backhaul network is a top priority for your mobile operations. With so many subscribers using smartphones and other devices to access mobile broadband applications, current backhaul capacity is being strained to the limits. We can help you with a cost-effective method for increasing capacity over the long-term by deploying fiber from the base station back into your mobile network.
Wireless Backhaul Solutions for Your Specific Needs
- We provide fiber based cell tower backhaul services to all major mobile service operators
- We provide fiber to the tower Ethernet and SONET backhaul from thousands of cell towers to Mobile Switching Centers (MSC) across our fiber footprint
- We self-construct all laterals, collocate carrier grade networking equipment at the tower and manage the service end to end from the tower to the MSC
- We provide long-term backhaul solutions that scale with your business needs
- Fiber-based backhaul from cell site to the switch
- Ethernet and T-1 interfaces
- Scalable as bandwidth needs increase
- Seamless upgrade to Ethernet interfaces
Hub Site Backhaul
- Fiber-based backhaul from aggregation or hub sites to your MSC
- 100G, GigE or TDM connectivity
- Fiber-based scalability as bandwidth needs increase
- Minimize backhaul costs by aggregating to higher speed bandwidth as close to the edge as possible
- MSC to MSC connectivity
- Bypass the PSTN by directly routing traffic to other wireless providers
Our Direct Connect solutions provide a cost-effective alternative to the typically expensive intra-LATA and inter-LATA circuits.
Regional Transport Backbone
- Connectivity between key switch sites and data centers across the U.S.
- We are actively adding incremental key switch sites to the network
- Our regional routes are unique to traditional IXC’s
Fiber backhaul is a prevalent cost-effective, high capacity data traffic offload connection from base station to MSC and can be used to provide Ethernet and TDM transport services. Wireless carriers are turning to optical backhaul strategies for simplified high-capacity infrastructure that brings significant operational value.